Saturday, November 6, 2010

So...I started this new thing....

....if you go to Facebook and "like" Bella Mia Weddings and Events you will be able to read all about our 30 days of being Thankful.

While I have to be perfectly honest with you, I am thankful ALL 365 days out of the year, but November seems like the perfect time to share 30 of the bazillions of reasons why I am Thankful!

One other thing I would like to share with you...besides what I am Thankful for... ;-)......is a Thanksgiving decorating tip.

Whether you are having a Thanksgiving day dinner made for the masses or you are having a small little intimate gathering...you want to make the table inviting. You can do that by setting the table with matching linens, a centerpiece, place cards, candles, and so on.

Of course browns, oranges, and golds work very well this time of the year. I tend to stay away from the busier tablecloths and napkins (like the plaids, and prints). I like things a little more streamlined in color...maybe a nice shimmery brown table cloth with gold napkins to match in the same fabric. Or you could do a creamy table cloth with darker napkins. Whichever you do, keep in mind that no matter how careful you or your guests are, there is always something bound to spill. To add a little pop into your table you can add a low centerpiece that is proportionate to your table size. Remember to keep it rather low though so your guests don't have to dodge the centerpiece just to talk to the person across the table.
Another nice touch that I like to add is decorative napkin rings that fit the occasion. I have a set of 10 squirrel napkin rings from Pottery Barn that I like to use...not because I like squirrels but because they are a cute conversation piece and unique.
I also like to use place cards even though we have a fairly small family. Place cards just add that little touch to an exquisite table without over doing it.
Of course we can't forget about the actual serving pieces!! Your sweet potatoes can be a decoration in it's own if it is served in a coordinating bowl. You can choose to use serving dishes that have more of a pattern to them or you can use all of the same color. No matter what you use though, the colors in your foods will make the table pop!!
Happy Decorating! :)
xoxo,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment